SenioriNET Federation – stronger NGOs to support the elderly in Romania!
Working together for a green, competitive and inclusive Europe.
The Mission of the Federation as a representative structure of the providers of socio-medical services addressed to the elderly, is:
To represent the NGOs members in relations with central authorities and other institutions.
To strengthen the role, impact and image of its members within the community.
To support the elaboration and implementation of coherent social policies in the field.
To carry out socio-medical services promotion campaigns, with an impact on public opinion and on local and central authorities.
OPPORTUNITIES for the MEMBERS
- consulting, mentoring and training in various fields of interest – social assistance, management, lobbying, advocacy, procurement, project writing;
- networking – permanent communication and sharing of know-how / expertise;
- several working meetings and participation in a strategic planning process;
- formalization of the Network in order to develop services dedicated to the elderly in Romania;
- consultations on organizational needs, after which recommendations and working tools will be delivered;
- capacity building at local level through the development of 3 regional resource HUBs (social policies, financing, good practices examples);
- contribution to the elaboration of the White Paper on the rights of the elderly in Romania (reference document in establishing the fundamental principles and rights necessary for the well-being of the elderly);
- support for contracting social services at local level and in relation to the authorities interested in purchasing services dedicated to the elderly;
- being part of a Federation represented in several European platforms;
- transparency and access to useful documents and procedures, necessary for organizational development.
“SenioriNET Federation – stronger NGOs to support the elderly in Romania!” starts from the need for coalition of social and socio-medical service providers for the elderly, so that they become a strong voice in support of the elderly in Romania. We aim to increase the capacity of representation for 60 NGOs providing socio-medical services to the elderly, by formalizing the SenioriNET network, in order to produce systemic changes related to the social policies concerning the elderly, especially when it comes to financing the services from public funds.
Doina Crângașu (Confederația Caritas România), Project Manager: “The problems faced by the elderly are generated by the reduction of autonomy and independence, due to the pathologies associated with age – loneliness, poverty accentuated by insufficient income, lack of community support networks, difficult access to medical and social services nearby. In this context, social and socio-medical services for the elderly are essential for increasing their quality of life. “
Project implemented by
The project is implemented by Caritas Romania Confederation in partnership with Four Change Association, Community Support Foundation and Caritas Metropolitan Greek-Catholic Blaj Association and benefits from a 247,229 euros grant from Active Citizens Fund Romania, programme funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Grants 2014-2021. The content of this website does not necessarily represent the official position of the EEA and Norwegian Grants 2014-2021; for more information visit www.eeagrants.org. More details about Active Citizens Fund Romania are available at www.activecitizensfund.ro.